This EdgeStar IB120SS review is going to include information about its main characteristics as well as its top features. Besides the product description, you will also find out how to use the product, see the most common points across user reviews, and also its pros and cons.
The EdgeStar IB120SS Built-in Ice Maker is made to fit under countertops, and it is easy to install and has an attractive exterior. It can create up to 12 pounds of ice per day and can store up to 6 pounds of ice. This makes it great for use at home, on boats, or in an RV.
EdgeStar IB120SS Built-in Ice Maker Product Description
To begin this Edgestar IB120SS review, we must mention that this product was specially created to fit under a countertop. This means it can be used either at home, for a wet bar, in the office, on a boat, or in an RV. The EdgeStar IB120SS Built-in Ice Maker is easy to use and has the added benefit of being a freezer as well, so the ice it produces does not melt off.
The unit is 25 1/4″ H x 15″ W x 18 1/2″ D, making it ADA height compliant. Its door is made of stainless steel and is fitted on a black body, so it has a modern look that should make it attractive. In fact, it looks like a regular mini refrigerator.
The door is reversible, which means you can place it in a manner that most benefits the available space. Also, the Edgestar IB120SS comes with an On/Off switch, so you can control when it functions. It automatically shuts off once the bin is full of ice, though.
Features and Functions of the EdgeStar IB120SS Built-in Ice Maker
- Ice Making Capacity: 12 pounds/ 5.4 kg per day
- Ice Making Capacity Per Cycle: N/A
- Operating Cycle: N/A
- Number of Ice Sizes: 1
- Ice Shape: Crescent
- Refrigerant Type: R-134A
- Water Capacity: None, must run a water line
- Ice Storage Capacity: 6 pounds/ 2.7 kg
- Timer: None
- Self-Cleaning Function: N/A
- Certifications: ADA Compliant
- Energy Star Rated: No
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts, 90 Day Labor (3 years extended warranty available)
The EdgeStar IB120SS Built-in Ice Maker can produce up to 12 pounds of ice each day. Its ice bin can hold up to 6 pounds at a time. While this is a great amount of ice for a small office, party, or home, it is not rated for commercial use. Also, the ice it creates is crescent-shaped.
The unit vents out the front so that it can be installed under any counter with no ventilation issues. You can also run a water line so that the unit will have a constant supply of water. There is also the added benefit that this unit acts as a freezer too, so the ice does not melt, and there is no need for a drainage line. Users report that it is quieter than other models or similar products.
The ice bin is removable as well, so you can easily store the ice to have more made or set the bin out for a party. You also get an ice scoop included in the package.
This EdgeStar IB120SS review can’t forget to mention that this ice machine comes with a warranty that covers its parts for one year, and labor for 90 days. Moreover, an additional 3-year warranty can be purchased separately.
How the EdgeStar IB120SS Built-in Ice Maker Works
- To begin with, the EdgeStar IB120SS Built-in Ice Maker must have the water line hooked up first in order to be used.
- Once you install and connect the water line, the unit can simply be pushed under the counter. Make sure the water line is turned on so that there is a running water source.
- There is an on/off switch that you must turn on for the unit to work.
- Once that is switched on, water goes into the ice maker, freezes, and then is dispensed into the ice bin below it.
- Once the ice bin contains 6 pounds of ice, the unit will shut off automatically.
- The manufacturer recommends throwing away the first several batches of ice
- You should also wash out the ice bin before using the ice.
- The unit will keep the ice frozen, and continue making ice if the levels drop unless you shut off the unit.
- You can remove ice from the unit by using the ice scoop that comes with it, or you can take out the entire ice bin.
In making this EdgeStar IB120SS review, we also consulted user reviews, and most of them are favorable. Some buyers even compare it to much more expensive units in its speed and quality. Many users like the fact that it is a small freezer, so they do not have to worry about ice melting or hooking a drain up to the unit.
Also, since its ventilation is on the front, they also like that they can put it anywhere, including pantries and closets. This is reportedly about as loud as a refrigerator, and makes ice quickly, filling the bin up in under 24 hours. However, users do not like the fact that it does not automatically defrost, which means you have to do this manually.
Pros and Cons
The EdgeStar IB120SS Built-in Ice Maker is a great unit capable of making up to 12 pounds of ice per day, which should fulfill most regular use. As this Edgestar IB120SS review has pointed out, most users seem to really like it. Also, this ice maker is both easy to install and to use. We hope that this EdgeStar IB120SS review came in handy, and we would love to hear what you think about this product, especially if you are already using it!